Elastic stack ELK trainingDeploy, setup and operate ELK.
This cours intruce elastic stack (formely ELK , elasticsearch / logstash / kibana). Elastic stack is a good fit to store and analyze logs from your infrastructure. You will setup a complete system to collect logs, store them, format and display insights from them with really beautifull dashboard. Elastic stack is like a business intelligence system to get insights from data already present in your systems: logs ! With beats, logstash , elasticsearch and kibana you will setup a scalable qnd sustainable architecture. Possibilties for connecting all this elements are endless, you can integrate a kafka messaging system as well. With elasticsearch capabilities you can query and filter your dashboards in real time.
- - role of every stack elements
- -extract data from logs
- - store logs in elasticsearch
- - how to connect elements of the stack and buil architectures
- - every types of kibana visualizations
- - sizing and operate the stack
Introducing the stack
- - elasticsearch: history and core principles
- - logstash
- - eco-system beats
- - kibana
- - stack elements versions
- - use cases
- - basics: index, shard, type, document
- - architecture, clustering and scalability with sharding and replication
- - mapping and data typing
- - document storage
- - data analysis
- - querying overview
- - filters
- - aggregations
- - ingest node: prepare data before storage
- - swiss knife
- - input
- - filtering and pattern matching with grok
- - output
- - collaborating with beats
- - scalability / performances
- - filebeat
- - metricbeat
- - packet beat
- - data discovery
- - create visualisation
- - timelion: time series
- - dashboards
- - Filters and real time search on your dashboards
Administration / operations
- - metrics to watch / monitoring
- - deploy in production and typical architectures
- - sizing / scalability
- - hot / warm architecture
- - install
- - use case: close eand delete of older logs
- - xpack overview
- - shield
- - marvel
- - graph
- - watcher
2 days up to 4 days.
I can modulate the duration for your company.
Rates are defined for you, in inter or intra company.
Go back to me. I will adapt duration, location and course content.
Who should attend
CTO, COO, technical project manager, project manager, system administrator, developper.
50 % theorie, 50% practice. Course include Hands-on labs on each topics to really understand each concept.
Mathieu ELIE is your instructor. Working with elasticsearch since 2011, and has performance multiple tens of courses on this topic. Know more on your instructor.
You will get PDF training materials for all of my courses and code for Hands-on labs.