This course focus on administration, operations, of an elasticsearch cluster. Install, deploy, monitor, setup and performance tuning. You will learn administration tasks as well: security patch, version upgrade, backup, add or remove nodes, install plugins.
We will focus on security: howto and core principles.
You will learn how to size your cluster and follow best practices.
- – know how to deploy, setup, monitor, tune and sizing an elasticsearch cluster
- – understand every core principles of an elasticsearch cluster and undesrstand role of every elastic stack elements
- – audit a cluster in production
- – be able to perform the basic administration operations
- - elastic stack panorama and history
- - Standard packages
- - Java and JVM
- - Hardware requirements
Clustering and distributed system
- - master and node roles
- - nodes discovery
- - primary and replica shards
- - shard allocation and routing
- - node left
- - cluster health
- - CAT api
- - node stats
- - cluster state
- - garbage collector eand heap
- - throttle
- - indices sizes
- - core performance metrics
- - cache
- - nodes count
- - thread pools
- - pending tasks
- - missing / 404
- - logs: slow logs, deprecation logs and setup
- - monitoring tools panorama
- - hot threads
- - refresh, flush, force_merge
- - split brains
- - managing caches
- - plugins: install and update
- - index lifecycle management: close / open / freeze / delete
- - forced shard allocation / move
- - activate / deactivate shard allocation
- - rolling restart
- - full cluster restart
- - backup /restore
- - curator
- - administration from kibana
- - alias, filters and routing
- - task management api
- - round robin load balancing and adaptive replica
- - scaling writes, reads and data size
- - index settings
- - cluster level settings
- - tuning mapping for performance
- - security basics and history
- - solutions panorama and best practices to secure the cluster
- - shard and index size
- - good practices
- - use case: log/ iot time series or search engine
- - hot warm architecture
- - node role and cluster use cases architectures
- - multi zone and cross cluster replication
2 days up to 4 days.
I can modulate the duration for your company.
Rates are defined for you, in inter or intra company.
Go back to me. I will adapt duration, location and course content.
Who should attend
CTO, COO, technical project manager, project manager, system administrator, developper.
50 % theorie, 50% practice. Course include Hands-on labs on each topics to really understand each concept.
Mathieu ELIE is your instructor. Working with elasticsearch since 2011, and has performance multiple tens of courses on this topic. Know more on your instructor.
You will get PDF training materials for all of my courses and code for Hands-on labs.